Friday, February 28, 2014

The Ultimate Tyranids lists!!!!!!!11!


I have taken my pretty little time to come out with my thoughts on a Tyranids list but finally here we go.

I present to you the three most ULTIMATE, SUPREME Tyranids list ever devised. Ok, maybe they aren't the best, and this is just the first one but it's probably what I would play if I got into Tyranids. Here is an example of a 1850 list I would take to a tournament.

HQ: Hive Tyrant (Flyrant) - Wings, Twin-linked devourer x 2
HQ: Hive Tyrant (Flyrant) - Wings, Twin-linked devourer x 2
Troops: Termagants x 30
Troops: Hormaguant x 20
Troops: Hormaguant x 20
Troops: Tervigon
Troops: Tyranid Warriors
Heavy Support: Carnifex (DakkaFex) - Twin-linked devourer x 2
Heavy Support: Carnifex (DakkaFex) - Twin-linked devourer x 2
Heavy Support: Biovore x 3
Fast Attack: Hive Crone
Fast Attack: Hive Crone
Fortification: Aegis defense line
1845
The first list is pretty simple as it's basically a compilation of the some of the best units in the codex. I am still debating moving around some points because I really want a comms relay in this list. I find that the comms is invaluable in most list. Being able to manipulate reserves is paramount to disrupting your opponents tactics. Either way this is what I came out with today.

The list is very shooty. There are a metric butt ton of strength 6 shooting coming out of this list. Also there are enough monstrous creatures to make any Flying Circus envious. I envision that the Flyrants will lead the charge up the field along with the Crones as the alpha strike. The Dakkafexes will be the delayed wave with the Warriors pushing midfield for synapse coverage. The Tervigon and Biovore will sit in the back behind the defense line hoping no one shoots them and lets them do their jobs. The guants are only for objectives and I guess getting shot. I might just hold them in reserve to avoid them dying early, but that depends on the list I face.
As you all can tell I like redundancy or as some would call it spam. I feel like the list is pretty solid and with adequate terrain it could put a hurting on a lot of armies. My aim was  to make every unit have a purpose in the list and to synergize together. The Biovores are there to snipe out important targets and to destroy troops that are hiding from your guns. The Warriors are only in the list as a synapse anchor with nine wounds. The Baby spawner will produce gaunts to flood the field and give additional synapse coverage. They guants are cheap objective holders and even though I wanted to give them offensive capabilities, for this list I kept the cheap. Everything else is in the list is for killing things. The list should be able to handle other fliers pretty well and infantry with the amount of shooting. Tanks should also not be an issue because the monstrous creatures can land and smash them apart. And finally the synapse should slow down the psykers that dominate the top tables. Pray to the Hive Mind that those fortunes don't go off!

The next list will be coming out soon as I try to get a feel of different ways the book can be played. As always I would love to hear your opinion and thoughts. Feel free to follow me to read more of my random ideas and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment