Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hobby - Showcase: Imperial Guard Vendetta


Yellow Leader coming in to the DZ! All weapons go! Well, that is once I attach the weapons.

I am feverishly putting in work with my Imperial Guard. I want to be able to focus on the new models once they come out, instead of the closet full of shriek wrap.

This Vendetta is pretty much done, I am just waiting on my twin link lascannons to come in. And as always there are areas that I can touch up or things I could add. If you can't tell I love weathering so I might add a bit more chipping in some areas. 

I absolutely love the way the yellow came out on the Vendetta. It took me awhile to find a color to break up all the yellow and I ended up using a mix of white and yellow. It looks like a cream color and it just fits with everything else on the model.

My originally idea was to make this guy white. But after priming and maybe 45 minutes of painting, I didn't like it at all. Getting down the elusive white will just have to wait in my painting journey. I primed the model over again and starting from the beginning. The one downside of that though is the paint is a little thick in areas. That just gives this Vendetta character in the end though.







Now I just have to decided if I want to make my other Vendettas the same color because I liked this one so much. I was only going to make the head Vendetta yellow and the others were going to match the rest of the army. However this was fun to do and it is really eye catching. What do you guys think? Should I copy the rest like this or go with my normal scheme. You can check my last post to see my normal scheme. Anyway, let me know what you think with a comment. Follow me for more shenanigans and awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment