Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hobby - Showcase: Plague Marines


I have been feeling under the weather lately. I think the blessings of Papa Nurgle are laying down on me. It's only fitting that I make a plague marine post to appease the father of decay.
Here are a few pics of my three squads of Plague Marines.

I made these guys because I had an idea and I really wanted to venture out with my work. This squad represent fallen Dark Angels that are devoted to Nurgle. I used a different technique to paint black that I found from the GW spotlight column. I also tested out using a mix of water effect and sand to give a spewing pus effect. It is kind of over the top but I like it. The champion in the group was the first one I created and came out the best. 


 Plague Marines are actually one of my favorite squads to play with, their defense is amazing and their offensive is decent enough. When I created the army they were apart of an Epidemius list and playing that list was probably the most fun I had in 40k. It is a shame that they turn my Epidemius into a joke. The tales of the tally was a beautiful thing while it lasted.
The Champion above was probably my first attempt at using green stuff that I felt was good. It was a simple growth on a powerfist but I actually went through the process of sculpting and trying to make it look naturally, or as naturally as something Nurgle could look.







 The way this guy's gun came out always delights me, I always try to shuffle him around so he can stay on the board longer.
 I love these models. They represent some of my favorite work in painting, effects and conversions.

I almost forgot this guys! He is my favorite definition of WYSIWYG. When your sneaky it wins you games. Just kidding, he is actually an example of what happens when you start building models and forget what you need to equip in your squads. So he has maglocked plasma gun of awesomeness.


Alright guys as always I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment and follow me if you would like to see more work. Hopefully my antibiotics will actually work this time and Papa Nurgle will let me go. I am planning a big project for 2014 that I will be starting pretty soon. For now all I will see is Courage and Honor.

1 comment: