Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hobby - Showcase: Imperial Knight


I caught Knight fever and it has been my sole concern hobby wise since their release.
First off I have to say bravo to Games Workshop for putting out his kit. It was definitely worth every penny I paid. This was hands down the most enjoyable kit to assemble, and that means a lot coming from me who. I usually dread putting together models. It is the one aspect of the hobby that I find mundane. I actually still have a baneblade kit in my closet that has been sitting for over two years because I felt so overwhelmed with putting it together. Besides minor issues with construction on the knight, I had him done in one day.

I decided to go for my own color scheme on this guy instead of one of the established houses. It's a split of blue and white that makes the model almost become one of those colors from a side profile. I did a little more blue on him but that was probably just the Ultramarine in me.

I really wasn't sure how I wanted to represent the house heraldry and that was one of the reasons it took me so long to finish the model. I wanted until I received the codex to finish the paint job. In the end I decided to go with the one eagle wing and on his shoulder pad I included the 501st, which is the Imperial Guard regiment the knight is aligned to. For his fluff I am saying that his home was overran by Chaos and he is attempting to find his lost brothers in hope of rebuilding all that was lost.

Anyway,enough of my writing, here are the pictures! I present to you Ithalmur!








He is about 90% done. I just have a few finishing touches, those mainly being the banner. By the way the banner is the one major flaw on the model. It is very flimsy and I broke mine and decided to re position it. I may move it again but that will have to wait.

Anyway, as always I would love to hear what you think with a comment and if you enjoyed this go ahead and follow me for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment