Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hobby - Showcase: Leman Russ Squadron

                                         
The squad is finally done. Well, is any project ever really done? I am finally at a place where I am ready to put down my brush, that is a more accurate statement.

I genuinely enjoyed painted the commander's tank in yellow. I could see myself dipping into the Imperial Fist at some point. He will stand out on the battlefield and hopefully will be bringing the pain. I am going to use this tank as my Knight Commander Pask. I avoided having the commander outside of the tank because I am not a fan of commanders putting their lives on the line to hit the enemy with their swords. I went with the alternate color scheme, an comms antenna, and a heraldry symbol for my commander.



I am definitely going to use these guys in my first 7th edition game, however overkill they might be. If I am not throwing handfuls of dice, it wont feel like the guard to me. The Iron Specters are heading towards a table near you. Let me know what you guys think in the comment section. Also thanks for checking me out.


2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic. I also like the character of the tanks, and the weathering.

    I do think you went a bit overboard with the mud on top of the tracks, but hey, that's personal preference really :).

    ReplyDelete