Friday, April 18, 2014

Hobby - Showcase: Astra Militarum Wyvern


I have finally found some time off of work and I am trying to digest everything that has happen to my wonderful Imperial Guard. After seeing the White Dwarf that displayed the new Wyvern kit, I knew I needed three. Here is the first piece of my Artillery squadron.


The kit wasn't bad at all. I have created maybe 20 Chimera kits so putting this together was no problem. I actually was pretty inebriated when I started but luckily it was only two sprues and one of them is the exact Chimera kit. Although kids, I don't condone alcohol when making models. Unless you are over 21, then get wasted but remember to still get those mold lines!







I did my usually receipt for the Cyris 501st, a lot of weathering and a super grimy tank. I love the way the barrels look. They just seem so intimidating, I can only image the pain they are going to rain down on my enemies. 

This model is almost done, I just need to do the crew but that shouldn't take long. I think I am going to paint them with another 20 guardsmen batch I have.


Oh, and I have to give a shout out to Montag's Games in Pearland Tx. They had all three of my Wyverns ready as soon as they could be sold with a 15% discount because of being a preorder. So remember to support your local game store or come to mine.



Anyway,as always let me know what you think of the Wyvern, also have you all have adjusted to the new name. I still prefer IG to AM but that maybe because I carried the Imperial Primer with me for 3 years. Leave a comment and follow me for more Imperial Guard tactics and paint jobs. My codex review should start in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Great work on the kit. Like the weathering work you did on the model. How easy is it to interchange with the hydra? Is it similar to the stalker/hunter where you can just swap 1 piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't seem like you can interchange the two kits but I was thinking of using Gale Force Nine rods and putting them in the barrels. I would just need to clip the tips of the autocannons and glue them on the rods. Also thanks for the comment.

      Delete