Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hobby - Showcase: Lord of Change


I had to retire my old Lord of Change model after it breaking for a third time.
The dynamic pose that GW sought after was missing one important factor, stability. Plus their sculpt is  outdated and unfortunately the greater daemons weren't redone with the last Chaos Codex release. Maybe  in the future but for now I found an alternative.

 I picked up a Cockatrice from the WFB line of miniatures to suit my purposes. It is a Chaos model with avian features so hopefully no one would complain. And even if someone does I can just say chalk it up to Chaos.

The model was a joy to paint and I think I did a decent job. I wanted to incorporate the normal palate of Tzeentch so I used purples, pinks, and blues. I also got a chance to mess with the new cracked earth paint, which I have to say is amazing. I painted on the cracked earth then added normal sand once it dried. After priming the model I went with my normal bases scheme so that it would fit in with the rest of my army but with it's own uniqueness.


I originally was going to use this model for a painting competition at a GW store but I should have known that with how slow I paint and the busy schedule I had last month that it wouldn't get done in time. Better late than never I always say, the procrastinator's motto. Alright tell me what you all think in the comments section and also follow me for more mediocre paint jobs and strategy ramblings. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Using a cockatrice as a Lord of Change is brilliant! I love mining the Fantasy range for new 40k alternates. Saw a Doombull as a Bloodthirster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I often use Fantasy for more diversity. I have a few cultist/psyker made from fantasy flagellents. Also I have a cygor to Bloodthirster conversion project sitting on the back burners.

      Delete